Bassoonist's Reed Doctor
The Bassoon Reed Doctor enables you to get the best from your reeds and shows you how to make adjustments to improve your reeds. This book helps you solve the following bassoon reed issues:
- The bottom notes are unresponsive and difficult to play
- Notes around middle C are sharp and stuffy
- Tounging and staccato are poor or difficult.
- Tone in tenor register is fuzzy or unclear
- The tone is stuffy (thick & hesitant) throughout all registers
- The tone is too thin and nasel
- E (3nd space in bass clef) sinks in pitch, especially when tounging hard
This brilliant little book also covers bassoon reed scraping techniques, adjusting of the wires and reed & crook health.